There is a recent surge in the demand of project managers, as also stated by the Project Management Institute (PMI) itself. This demand is expected to further grow by 33% till the end of 2027, and would thus result in creation of around 22 million new project management jobs. This, in turn, is expected to attract a lot of students towards this booming sector worldwide.
Project management is a really lucrative career, and the average job salary in this sector is around ₹15,67,763 per annum in India. So there are various candidates applying for the post, thus also making it challengefull for the employers to choose experienced and skillful managers, who can deliver efficient results. This field is becoming excessively competitive, and thus it is highly recommended students pursue an online project management course to better their odds.
Such online courses give students an edge over other candidates, along with making it easier for the employers to shortlist them. The certification itself is proof that the individual has the capability to handle the requirements of the project and the workforce. There are various project management courses and certifications available, designed for everyone, from beginners to experienced managers.
In this article, we’ll be highlighting some of the best project management courses, selected based on the average salary they can offer. Let’s take a deeper look into these certifications.
Table of Contents
Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMP is one of the most important industry-recognized certifications for project managers, introduced by the Project Management Institute (PMI), Pennsylvania.
- This certification is considered to be the gold standard in project management, is globally recognized, and is specific to the project management industry.
- It is a rigorous test that covers absolutely everything related to project management. It also deals with additional content like “How to be a good project manager”, and imparts skills related to time management, cost-benefit analysis, and project scope defining.
- PMP is a tough and challenging certification, and often consumes a lot of time. The certification is a bit expensive, but the benefits are manifold.
- PMP is a never ending journey, as candidates need to renew their certificate after every 3 years.
Average PMP Salary: $100,000-110,000
The candidates should have the following prerequisites before applying for the certification.
- A secondary degree, for example, a high school diploma, an associates degree, etc. with 7,500 hours experience of leading projects, OR, a 4-year degree with 4,500 hours experience of leading projects.
- 35 hours of project management education from an authorized training partner.
PMP Certification Fees
The certificate fee is $405 for PMI members and $555 for Non-PMI members. Membership is open for anyone, and you can get it by paying a membership fee.
Certified Associate in Project Management
- CAPM is also administered by PMI and is a basic-level certification that provides a lot of learning and growth opportunities for beginners.
- It is usually considered a precursor for PMP certification, and is valid for a period of 5 years.
- This is for professionals who do not have a college degree or have only rudimentary project management experience.
- This certification demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology, and processes of effective project management.
Average CAPM Salary: $90,000-101,000
Since CAPM is an entry-level certification, there are not a lot of prerequisites. Students can apply if they have a secondary degree (like a high school diploma, or an associate degree) with 1,500 hours of project management experience, OR, a minimum of 23 hours of classes dealing with project management.
CAPM Certification Fees
The certificate fee is $225 for PMI members and $300 for Non-PMI members. As mentioned before, anyone can get this membership.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- CSM is offered by Scrum Alliance and is an entry-level certification that demonstrates the working knowledge of scrum methods and principles.
- It will include a scrum framework, understanding of team roles, events, artifacts, and rules that will allow the scrum team to perform at their highest level.
- It is for project managers who are looking to lead teams that utilize Scrum, an agile framework for completing complex projects.
Average Salary: $80,000-85,000
The candidates should be familiar with Scrum and Agile mindset and should attend an in-person two-day (16 hour) CSM training course.
CSM Certification Fees
The price varies based on the training provider. The certification fee is approximately between $995 to $1,395.
Certified Project Manager (IAPM)
- Certified Project Manager is a mid-level certification offered by the International Association of Project Managers (IAPM).
- This certification is for the candidates who have a foundational knowledge of project management, that includes the basics of planning, organization, and implementation of various projects.
- The course focuses on developing managers with skills like Finance, HR, IT, Communication, etc., and prepares them for leadership in the global business community.
- This certification is proof of theoretical project management knowledge.
Average Salary: $65,000-95,000
CPM (IAPM) Eligibility
There are no prerequisites to sit in the exam. The candidates can take a self-test once they feel they are prepared.
CPM (IAPM) Certification Fees
The certification cost can vary anywhere between $630-800.
Master Project Managers (MPM)
- MPM certification is issued by the American Academy of Project Management and is designed for professionals who aim high for greater productivity at the workplace.
- It focuses on professional project managers and also supports those in the technical and business management roles.
- Professionals with a technical background have a benefit as it provides an effective training environment by defining and associating the teaching of engineering and management.
Average Salary: $80,000-85,221
To pursue this certification, one should have project management experience and training of at least 3 years.
MPM Certification Fees
- The fee is $300 for application, review, processing, initiation, and certification.
- The fees can be waived for the professionals holding a master’s degree with experience and training in military or project management.
There are many other certifications also, apart from the ones mentioned above. These certifications make the individuals undergo various vigorous project development units. As a result, they are capable of handling a wide variety of challenges and managing tasks to increase the flow of the business industry. They can also overlook an entire workforce responsible for achieving success. So, if you are interested in pursuing a career as a project manager, do consider taking one of these project management certification courses.
Visit for more articles: articledaily.net