QuickBooks Desktop, the flagship software of Intuit, is reliable, efficient, and safe to use, and these are why it is so famous all around the world. However, regardless of how good the QuickBooks Desktop is, it is not perfect because many users face errors and bugs. One such error is QuickBooks Error PS038, which belongs to the QuickBooks PSXXX errors and takes place when a user tries to run payroll or download payroll updates. In this article, you will learn about the factors that cause QuickBooks error code PS038, along with their troubleshooting solutions.
Troubled with QuickBooks error PS038 and want to debug it straight away? If yes, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
Table of Contents
What can be the factors behind QuickBooks error code PS038?
QuickBooks error code PS038 generally arises when the paychecks sent by the user get stuck as “Online to Send.” Although other factors can cause it, like:
1. The program/installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop have not been updated for a long time.
Effective solutions you can use to resolve: QuickBooks Error 15270
How can you debug QuickBooks error PS038 with safety?
Solution 1) Remove the paychecks that are stuck as “Online to Send”
Step 1: First check whether there are any stuck paychecks
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop and select the Edit menu.
2. From the drop-down menu, pick the Find option.
3. Go to the Advanced tab.
4. Scroll down to the Choose Filter section.
5. From the Filter list, select the Detail Level option.
6. Click on the Summary Only option.
7. Move to the Choose Filter section of the screen again.
8. From the Filter list, choose the Online Status option.
9. From the drop-down menu, select the Online to Send option.
10. Click Find to find the paychecks that are stuck.
11. If you notice paychecks that haven’t been sent to Intuit, proceed to the second step.
Step 2: Run the Rebuild Data tool to remove the stuck paychecks
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop and then the File menu.
2. Using the drop-down menu, select the Utilities option on the screen.
3. Click on the Rebuild Data option.
4. When QuickBooks asks you to backup your company file, choose the OK option and then follow the on-screen directions.
5. The Rebuild Data utility will automatically start once the backup of your company file is done.
6. Select the OK option when you notice the message “Rebuild has completed.’
Also see this guide: QuickBooks error 15311
Solution 2) Manually get the latest updates of your QuickBooks program/installation files
1. Press down the Control key on your keyboard, and concurrently, open QuickBooks Desktop. Don’t let go of the Control key until the No Company Open window shows up.
2. On the No Company Open window, open the Help menu.
3. From the drop-down menu, pick the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
4. Go to the Options tab and pick the Mark All option.
5. Then, choose the Save button.
6. Go to the Update Now tab and ensure the Reset Update checkbox is check-marked.
7. When you download the QuickBooks updates, choose the Get Updates option.
8. Then close QuickBooks Desktop and start it again.
9. To install the downloaded QuickBooks updates, select the Yes option.
If QuickBooks error PS038 persists after following the above troubleshooting solutions, then you should contact the QuickBooks official team at +1-855-856-0042 to get additional help fixing it.
You may want to read this guide: QuickBooks Error Ol-222