The count of people using QuickBooks increased rapidly since it was launched. It is a much-needed software for organizations that have problems in accounting. Before QuickBooks, managing all of the data accurately was a severe need, and any mistakes were serious drawbacks for business. But now, users can rely on QuickBooks for bookkeeping and other financial processes like- Employee payroll, tax submission, etc. Even with all these capabilities, QuickBooks can still face errors that can be random. QuickBooks error 80070057 is one such error that comes into effect while accessing the company file. If you also encountered this error on your QuickBooks, go through the blog and learn its solutions.
Experts are happy to assist you with this issue; contact +1 800-579-9430.
Table of Contents
Details of the error
This error occurs in a multi-user access network when a user tries to access the company file from a different computer. You’ll not be able to open your company file till you sort out this error. It can also occur if you try to delete files from the QuickBooks folder. Any issues while opening the file would lead to a dialogue box with error codes and a message, “The parameter is incorrect.”
Some of the reasons that may have caused this error in QuickBooks are listed below-
- The company file was not correctly opened, or it was corrupted.
- Outdated version of QuickBooks
- The network file (.ND) is damaged
Read more :- QuickBooks pdf and print repair tool
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error code 80070057
The Error is easily resolvable with the solutions mentioned below; follow them step to step-
Solution 1- Rename your network file and run the database server manager
The network file is used in multi-user access mode; it is located in the folder carrying your company file. Follow the steps to rename it-
- Navigate to the folder which has your company file.
- There will be files with the same name as your company file with extension .ND. For example- Companyfilename.ND
- Right-click on the file and select Rename from the options.
- Type .old at the end of the file name.
- Now run the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Network Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the list.
- Locate your company file from Browse or select it from the list. Then tap Scan.
- Let the scan complete.
If this doesn’t solve your error, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Make sure the company file is in its default location
The default location for your company file is C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files
Verify that the company file is being accessed from this location. If the file is located somewhere else, follow the steps below-
- Navigate to your company file, Right-click on it, and then select
- Go to the default location C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files and Paste the file here.
- Open QuickBooks and select Find a company file.
- Choose Local drive, search for your company file and click
If you still see the error, try the next solution.
Solution 3- Grant administrator permissions to QuickBooks
- Type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search panel and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Select Run as administrator from the list.
- Reopen your QuickBooks and open your company file.
These solutions will help you to rectify the error.
We are near the end of this blog; till now, you should have a deep understanding of QuickBooks Error 80070057. The reasons that lead to the occurrence of this error and the solutions you can execute. We expect that they were helpful in solving the error from your QuickBooks.
Contact +1 800-579-9430 and talk to a professional regarding this issue.
Related article :- record investment income in QuickBooks