A Canadian eTA, or electronic travel authorization, is a required travel document for citizens of eTA-eligible countries. Applying for an eTA is a simple process but requires some preparation.
eTA Canada Visa, or Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization, is a mandatory travel document for citizens of visa-free countries. If you are a citizen of Canada, an eTA-eligible country, or if you are a legal resident of the United States, you will need an eTA Canada visa for leverage or transit, or for sightseeing, or for business or medical treatment.
Applying for an eTA Canada visa is a simple process and the whole process can be done online. But it is a good idea to understand what Canada’s ETA requirements are before you start the process. To apply for your eTA Canada visa, you need to fill out an application form on this website, provide your passport, employment, and travel details, and pay online.
Before you complete your application for eTA Canada Visa, you must have three (3) things: a valid email address, a way to pay online (debit card or credit card or PayPal), and a valid passport.
A valid email address: You need a valid email address to apply for eTA Canada Visa. After you complete the Canada ETA application, your Canada ETA must reach your email within 72 hours.
Online Payment Methods: After you provide all the details related to your Canada trip, you will need to pay online. You will need a valid debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay) or PayPal account to make your payments.
Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport that has not expired. If you do not have a passport, you will need to apply for one immediately because an eTA Canada visa application cannot be completed without passport information. Remember that Canada ETA Visa is electronically linked to your passport.
Travelers from Belgium who are planning to travel to Canada are now able to obtain travel approval for the country through a simple online visa waiver application.
The Canada visa for Belgium citizens was implemented in 2016 so that travelers can obtain an electronic travel permit online exclusively without having to go to the embassy or consulate to submit an application in person. An approved ETA from Belgium to Canada allows multiple entries to the country and is valid for a total of 5 years from issue, meaning there is no need to submit a new application before each trip.
Does a Belgian citizen need a visa to travel to Canada?
Yes, all Belgian citizens must have a valid ETA or visa before they can legally immigrate to Canada.
Belgian citizens who do not wish to spend more than 6 consecutive months in Canada can apply for an online visa waiver from Belgium through the ETA application process.
Getting an ETA visa waiver from Belgium to Canada is simple and easy: the process can be done from your own home and there is no need to go to the embassy.
ETA Canada requirements for Belgian citizens
To get an ETA for Canada from Belgium, there are a number of requirements that applicants must meet before they can be eligible to apply. They include the following:
- You must arrive in Canada by air only. This means that eTA is not valid if you plan to cross a land border, such as the United States or by sea.
- Your Belgian passport must be an electronic passport (also known as a biometric passport) that is machine-readable. This is because the Canadian ETA is electronically linked to your passport and must be readable by a Border Immigration machine.
- Your visit to Canada must be for tourism, business, transit, or medical purposes.
- You must be 18 or over to apply for an eTA from Belgium to Canada. Otherwise, you need the permission of your parents or guardians.
Once these requirements are met, you can apply for a Canada ETA from Belgium. The following items and documents are required to do this:
- A valid Belgian passport – To obtain a Canadian ETA, all Belgian travelers must have a current Belgian passport with a validity of at least six months.
- Personal Information – When completing the application, all travelers are required to provide their passport, personal information (address, contact information), employment history, and travel details/travel information.
- A valid payment method – Travelers will need a valid payment method to pay the eTA application fee, such as a debit or credit card
- How to apply for a Canada visa from Belgium
- The first step in applying for a Canadian visa waiver from Belgium is to complete the Canada eTA application from Belgium.
A final decision is usually made within minutes, although some applications may take a few days to process.
We recommend that you apply for your Canadian ETA at least three days (72 hours) before entering Canada for a stress-free experience. Nonetheless, Belgian citizens who need to travel to Canada within 24 hours immediately are advised to use the available rush processing services
Once a Canadian electronic authorization is approved, it is automatically linked electronically to the traveler’s passport.
Please note that an approved Canadian ETA allows a traveler to travel to Canada unless the stay is less than 180 days. Belgian passport holders who wish to stay in Canada for more than 180 days at a time must apply for a visa from an embassy or consulate.
How long can a Belgian citizen stay in Canada Visa Online?
The Belgian citizen’s departure date must be within 90 days of arrival. Belgian passport holders must obtain a Canada Electronic Travel Authority (Canada ETA) even for a short period of 1 to 90 days. If Belgian citizens want to stay for a longer period, they will need to apply for a relevant visa depending on their circumstances. Canada eTA is valid for 5 years. Citizens of Belgium can enter the Canada eTA more than once during the five (5) year validity.