Effective measures against QuickBooks sync manager error
For many decades, QuickBooks has been providing its reliable services to small businesses, entrepreneurs, freelancers, etc. The software’s user base has expanded all around the world, benefitting many businesses along the way. Its accounting and finance management is the best compared to other bookkeeping software in this industry. But like any other software, QuickBooks is always vulnerable to random internal errors. While utilizing the software, QuickBooks sync manager error can trouble the user if the data synchronization with the servers fails. If your QuickBooks is also affected by this error, continue reading the blog to know why it occurred and the appropriate methods to rectify it.
If you need QB experts to take care of this issue, consult them at 1.855.738.2784.
About the issue
The intuit sync manager is responsible for data synchronization between QuickBooks and Intuit servers. Any changes in the QuickBooks data are updated in the servers and vice versa. The sync manager can face issues that’ll lead to its failure in the background, and you’ll see an error in your QuickBooks. The software is liable to crash or freeze after casting error codes on your screen.
You may also read : QuickBooks Crash Com Error
This error in your sync manager mainly occurs due to the following reasons-
- The internet connectivity in your system is lousy and doesn’t satisfy the minimum requirements of QuickBooks.
- Some program files are missing, or background processes associated with the sync manager have crashed.
- QuickBooks wasn’t properly installed, and it has raised some internal issues because of damaged files.
The solutions which can be used to remove this error from your QuickBooks are listed below-
Solution 1- Rename the folder carrying your Intuit sync manager files
The location of the folder is C:\Users\AppData\Local\intuit\SyncManager; follow the steps below-
- Go to the folder through your file explorer.
- Right-click on the folder and select Rename from the options.
- Add ‘.old’ as an extension at the end of the folder’s name.
- Reopen your QuickBooks.
If the error is still present, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Disable Intuit sync manager on your computer
If the error is repeatedly interrupting you in QuickBooks, try to stop your company files from syncing and clear all the sync settings. Refer to the steps-
- Click on the up arrow located on the right side of your taskbar to reveal different application icons.
- Right-click on the Intuit Sync Manager, and this will open a list of all your company files.
- Select your company file and click on the Sync Enabled option.
- Click Disable from the options.
- Repeat these steps for each company file.
Once the syncing of the company files is stopped, follow the steps below-
- Click on Help in the options menu and select Manage data sync.
- Click Clear sync settings and tap on Yes.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
These methods will help you to fix this error in your QuickBooks.
We are near the end of this blog which consisted of the details about the QuickBooks sync manager error. The causes of its development and the methods to fix it were also mentioned above. We expect this blog helped resolve this error from your QuickBooks.
For any more doubts, consult a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : Printer Not Activated Error Code 20