Canon Inc. is a Japanese company that specializes in the manufacture of imaging and optical devices. Canon printers are well-known for their high quality and for providing astonishing outcomes. Like all hardware, even the printer has problems and bugs when interacting with another system.
One of the issues is that the Canon printer keeps going offline status displayed even when it’s connected rightly. Before we start, confirm that your printer is connected properly with all the facility outlets also as you’re connected to the network.
Solution 1: Reconnect Printer to Wi-Fi
Before we ask for other workarounds, first we’ll reconnect your printer to your Wireless router. By accessing the settings one can forget the wireless router from the canon printer. Then you can reconnect it from scratch. We have explained the way to connect a wireless network to a selected canon printer.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer until the notification for Wi-Fi on your printer starts blinking.
- Once you are sure that the light is blinking blue constantly, head over to your router and press the [WPS] button.
The light will keep blinking while checking out available networks. It will also keep blinking when it’s connecting to the access points. If the printer successfully connects to the access point, the sunshine will remain lit.
If you don’t want to use the WPS method to attach to your network, you’ll use the settings on your printer LCD and connect accordingly.
- Open Wireless LAN setup from the settings.
- Now the printer will start searching for various networks available.
- Once you have located your network, press “OK” and the printer will require you to enter the password. After entering all the small print, it should connect with the network properly and solve the “canon printer offline windows 10”issue
If these instructions won’t work, please ask for Printer’s Manual or look for the User Guide/Manual on Google to urge the instructions.
Solution 2: Restarting the Spooler service
The spooler service may be a software program that is liable for managing all print jobs o the pc printer. The print spooler service is typically visible to users and they also can cancel a print job that’s being processed. It let them manage jobs that are presently on the waitlist.
- To launch the Run application click on the Windows + R. Write down “services. MSC” inside the dialogue box and click on Enter.
- Search the service “Print Spooler” available in the list of services. Double-click it to open its properties. Click the “Stop” button present underneath the system status and press “Ok” to save lots of changes.
- Since we’ve disabled the service, we will now specialize in deleting printer files.
Press Windows + E to launch the fast access and click on “This PC” present within the left navigation pane.
- Navigate to the following path: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Once within the folder, delete all the files within the PRINTERS folder and shut the window.
- Now navigate back to the Services tab and Start the “Printer Spooler” service. Also, remember to stay the startup type as “Automatic”.
- Restart your computer and check if the printer connects correctly.
Solution 3: Get “Use Printer Offline” disabled by executing the Settings application
Another workaround for this problem is removing the potential of your computer to figure with this printer when it’s offline. This will make sure that your printer only works when it’s properly connected to your computer.
- To start the search bar press Windows + S. Type “control panel” within the dialogue box and open the appliance.
- Select “Hardware and Sound” from the list of sub-categories available.
- Press on the “Devices and Printers” on the window which appears.
- Press “See what’s printing” after getting the canon printer right-clicked.
- Click on “Printer” present on the top-left side of the screen for the drop-down menu. Always ensure that the choice “Use printer offline” option is unmarked. In this case, the option is unchecked. Once you’ve got made the changes, click “Cancel all documents” and check out connecting your Canon printer again.
Solution 4: Updating Printer Drivers
If both the above solutions don’t work, it means there’s a drag with the driving force of your printer. We can try uninstalling them first and then reinstalling them manually. One can get the official Canon drivers downloaded from the official website.
- To start the Run Type “devmgmt. MSC” inside the dialogue box press on the Windows + R and click Enter.
- Navigate through all the hardware, open the sub-menu “Print queues”, right-click on your printer hardware, and choose “Update driver”.
- Now Windows will pop a dialogue box asking you which of the way does one want to update your driver? Get the second option selected and continue.
- Restart your computer and check if the Canon printer offline matter gets resolved.
Solution 5: Unchecking option “SNMP Status Enabled”
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a well-known protocol that is executed for managing networks. The main work of SNMP is to receive all the information from printers and manage them likely. When the protocol gets disabled it can help us to solve the “canon keeps going offline” cause by bringing some change.
- Navigate to hardware and devices as explained in solution 2.
- After you have searched your printer, right-click it and choose “Printer Properties”.
- Navigate to the tab of “Ports” present at the top of the window.
- Click “Configure Port”.
- Click to clear the “SMP Status Enabled” checkbox. Press Ok to apply changes and exit. Now check if the matter got resolved.
“My canon printer keeps going offline” issue comes your way because the printer appears to be offline including errors with hardware, like not connected cables or ill-functioning devices, and errors with software, like damaged or incompatible driver files. In the above article, we have mentioned ways to fix the canon printer offline issue.