Netgear extender keeps on dropping internet connection issue is one of the frustrating thing faced by most of the Netgear users. If you also facing a similar kind of issue, then don’t panic. Here we are discussing proven ways to troubleshoot the Netgear extender dropping internet issue.
Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Rebooting your Netgear extender is one of the easiest ways to resolve minor technical issues that could be the reason behind the Netgear extender dropping internet connection issue. To make things easier for you, here we have mentioned steps to reboot your Netgear extender without any trouble.
- Turn off your Netgear extender and disconnect all WiFi-enabled devices that are linked to it.
- Disconnect your Netgear extender from the electrical socket and set it aside for a while.
- Then, after some time, plug it back into the power socket and turn it on.
- Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your extender to enjoy high-speed internet.
Verify Your Internet Connections
Netgear extender needs a stable internet connection to run smoothly. If you’re using a wired connection, then inspect the Ethernet cable as it needs to be free from any kind of wear or tear. Else, you will face a Netgear extender dropping Internet connection issue. Therefore, swap the Ethernet cable with the new one if you detect any damage to the Ethernet cable. And if your devices are connected via a wireless connection, then ensure that your extender is getting proper signals. Else, you might get stuck with a similar kind of issue like mywifiext.net not working issue.
Relocate Your Extender
Make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is getting the proper wifi signal to work efficiently. If that’s not the case, then you need to relocate your Netgear extender close to your home router to receive proper signals. Moreover, avoid objects like refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, or other smart home appliances to minimize any kind of interference in the WiFi signals.
Upgrade Netgear Extender Firmware
Netgear continuously releases fresh firmware upgrades to improve the extender’s performance. These updates improve the product’s security while also adding new exciting features. As a result, we recommend you to keep their Netgear extender’s firmware updated to the latest version. However, many people find it hard to upgrade the firmware of the Netgear extender. So, we’ve provided step-by-step instructions to make the procedure as simple as possible for them. Just have a look.
- Turn on your Netgear extender and computer.
- Open the most recent version of the internet browser on your computer.
- Then, in the address bar, type in Netgear extender default URL and press Enter.
- The Netgear extender login window will appear, asking you to input the default username and password.
- Once you have entered all the required information, click Log In.
- Then, You’ll be taken to the Netgear extender setup wizard, where you need to navigate to the Advanced tab, click Administration, and then select Firmware update.
- After that, click the Check button to see if there are any new updates.
- If fresh updates are available, select Yes.
- Then, follow the directions appearing on your screen to complete the upgrade process.
Reset Your Extender
Resetting your Netgear extender to the default factory setting and re-configure it again from the scratch is needed when none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods work for you. It will resolve all the issues which you are currently experiencing. However, resetting your Netgear extender is an easy task but still, some users get a bit confused. If you are also the one who lacks the proper knowledge to reset your Netgear extender then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear extender.
- Once located, use a pin-pointed object to push and hold the button until Power LED starts flashing.
- Then, the extender will restart automatically and will be restored to default factory settings.
Now, re-configure your Netgear extender using www.mywifiext.net and enjoy high-speed internet services.
We hope, the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks will help you to fix the Netgear extender keeps on disconnecting issue.