It is compatible with both personal and professional use thanks to its innovative and advanced Canon printer features. It can sometimes be difficult to fix due to technological issues. Canon printer error code is one example of such a challenging problem. Contact us immediately if you encounter this error with your Canon printer.
Canon printer error message 5B00 is caused when ink spills from the printer and fills the ink pad. It is used to mount a continuous ink system. 5b00 error Ink spillages on your Canon printer are more common when the continuous ink device or ink cartridges are not installed correctly.
There is ink waste when you print pages that need to be washed. Canon printers offer a way to remove excess ink from cleaning and printing operations. Once the ink absorber has been removed, you can continue to print pages within your printer. You will receive an error indicating that the waste ink absorber has been completed.
A Canon printer error code 5b00 will be displayed. It could be that your printer is leaking ink, the ink absorber or counter of wasted ink are full. To solve the problem of the 5b00 error code in the Canon printer, you will need to read this tutorial.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Canon Printer Error 5B00
There are two ways to fix this error. The first is the most common and is usually correct. If the first option is not for you, you can always try the second. Let’s take a closer look at both these options.
Method 1: Resetting Waste Ink System Count
Resetting the waste ink absorber can fix error code 5b00 on Canon mp280 or Canon mx410, Canon G2000, Canon MP287, and Canon g2000.
Follow the instructions below to fix error code 5b00
Step 1: Turn off your printer completely while the power cable is being taken out.
Step 2: Press the “Resume” button on your Canon printer for a while and then click.
Step 3: Hold down the “Control” button on your printer and press it again. The Green Lead will light up.
Step 4: Press the “Energy” button while holding it down. Once the green light is on, it must turn on.
Step 5: Hold the power button down, and then press twice the “Resume” button. The LED light will turn amber first, then it will turn green.
Step 6: Now, let go of the “Power” button.
Step 7: Carefully read the instructions and then press the button as indicated.
- Click “Stop” 4 times
- (Press the “Power” button until you confirm your “Reset ink counter absorber action.
Step 8: Get your impresser on now.
These measurements will reset the waste ink counter unit. Your printer will then get back to work. The 5b00 error occurred on your printer.
This method may not solve your problem, but there are other tricks you might try. Read the following section to learn more.
Method 2: Remove the waste ink foam manually
You can clean the ink foam manually. This would make your printer run again and eliminate the 5b00 error on most canon printer models.
Here’s how to do it after you have completed your checkout
Step 1: Turn on the printer and keep the front cover open.
Step 2: Next to the cartridges, look behind them for a set of white rollers.
Step 3: Take out each cartridge one at a time to get in contact with the rollers. If you look closely, you will see a foam pad beneath the rollers.
Step 4: Use a paper towel to clean the foam pad. Continue to rub until you have removed all traces of tin from the paper towels.
Step 5: Now you need to put the cartridges back into place. You should be able to place them perfectly. Cover the printer by closing the cover.
This process is often not known to many. People recommend the waste counter reset method to discover this information.
It also addresses the 5b00 error in the Canon, so why not give this a shot?
Another Method to Solve Canon Error Code 5b00
- First, turn on the Canon Printer. Because the printer’s settings are being adjusted, we will continue to work on the cycle even though it is turned off.
- Next, click on the Print menu button.
- Put your Canon printer into operating mode. To do this, you will need to click on the Screen, copy buttons. The entire service mode menu is in English and should be considered a BIOS for your machine.
- Once you have reached the COUNTEACESS option, press the + key. Continue pressing the button Well until you are satisfied.
- Your printer screen will appear on a page counter. Press the Ok button.
- Click the Copy button.
- Use the (-) key to lower your score and then hit Ok.
- To look at the menu, use the (+) symbol and then stop when you reach SCAN PAGE COUNT. This will reset the page counter on your Canon printer to zero.
- Continue slowly through the entire menu, until you reach the ABS-M DON’T COUNT option. Click Ok to return the score to zero.
- If you are experiencing problems, click the Stop or Reset button.