Since Canada has been one of the most incredible places in terms of economy and recruitment, many students and professionals prefer to work in the country. Also, adding overseas work experience to the curriculum vitae helps you improve your career and even get permanent residency in the country. So, if you want to escalate your job, open work permits to Canada can assist you in achieving that goal. But, what are these Canadian open work permits?
This permit allows non-Canadian people to work in the Great White North. Due to the straightforward application process, Canadian open work permits are popular. You do not require a job offer or Labour Market Impact Assessment to apply for open work permits. Plus, OWP even lets you indulge in any occupation in Canada.
But, the application process, eligibility criteria, and other information about Canadian open work permits can leave you overwhelmed. That is the reason why we have penned down this article to let you know all the required information you need to know while applying for open work permits for Canada.
Necessary Documents for Open Work Permits for Canada
The application process of OWP requires minimal documents. As per the Canada work permit requirements, you should submit the following papers.
- The process requires a valid passport, two passport size photographs, and photos of family members for identification.
- You need to show your birth certificate as age proof.
- If your partner is relocating with you, you must submit a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union. It is only valid for the people in common-law relationships.
- Lastly, you need to clarify your current immigration status of the country you are residing in now. So, you have to submit the relevant documents.
The Detailed Application Procedure of Canadian Open Work Permits
Now, you know what documents you need to submit. So, let us look at the uncomplicated application process of the open work permits in Canada.
- Keep your documents ready and within your reach before starting the online application process.
- Then, you need to register yourself on Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as the primary step of the online application process.
- Next, you need to diligently fill up multiple online forms to get the work permit. As the process is lengthy enough, you can save it at any step.
- Complete the form fill up and payment before the deadline.
Who Can Apply for Canadian Open Work Permits?
The Government of Canada offers flexible eligibility criteria for OWP. According to the open work permits Canada requirements, you need to fulfill any of the following demands for applying for open work permits.
- You need to be an applicant for permanent resident in Canada.
- You are holding a resident permit temporarily.
- You need to participate in the postgraduate work permit program in Canada.
- If you are a refugee, protected person, or a refugee claimant, you can apply for a Canadian open work permit.
If you meet all the Canada work permit requirements, it takes almost 4-9 weeks to get the work permit. But, the time varies depending on which country you are applying from and other circumstances. So, if you are planning to fly overseas to boost your career, contact a credible immigration consulting company to get the open work permit smoothly.
So this is all about How to Apply for an Open Work Permit for Canada? I hope you may have understood that How to Apply for an Open Work Permit for Canada? If you have all the necessary documents you can get approval easily for an Open Work Permit for Canada.
If you want to read more blogs visit – article daily