Small and mid-sized businesses, as well as people working as freelancers, regard QuickBooks as one of the most reliable accounting applications. Its popularity stems from its outstanding accounting features, which make the difficult task of managing carriers, clients, and workers, as well as submitting multiple taxes online, much easier. It’s critical to keep QuickBooks and its capabilities up to date to ensure smooth operations, yet QuickBooks can make mistakes when updating payroll. QuickBooks error 15240, which interrupts the payroll update and displays the error message “Error 15240: The payroll update did no longer complete properly,” is one such error that we’ll discuss in this article. For additional information, read the complete article.
Also Visit: 6 Ways To Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
What causes error 15240 in QuickBooks?
Updating QuickBooks and its features necessitates proper internet connectivity and program configuration. When QuickBooks software has problems with internet connectivity, it displays a variety of errors on the screen. We’ve included all of the main reasons why QuickBooks encounters payroll update issues 15240 below:
- You’re running an old version of QuickBooks on your computer.
- Your Windows user account has admin privileges, allowing you to perform specific actions on the QuickBooks PC.
- You’re using the QuickBooks computer software in a multi-user environment, which isn’t necessarily the best model for installing QuickBooks upgrades.
- Errors in the registry in Windows.
- QuickBooks computer device utility installation is incomplete or corrupt.
- Security settings in Internet Explorer were set incorrectly.
- The system’s date and time are incorrect.
- The download of the replace report is being interrupted by a third-party firewall application.
Note: If you encounter the replace errors 15240, you can get a variety of error messages, so make sure you understand the error by examining the error message presented.
“Unknown mistakes in internet connection”
“report Exists: The specified record could not be opened. You must ensure that it is not being used by another application.”
If you are receiving similar problem messages while updating payroll, please sure you check the following items before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps.
- In the lower left corner of the screen, check that your computer is displaying the right facts and time.
- Examine when you’ve installed the most recent QuickBooks computer updates.
- Make sure you log in with a user account that has administrative capabilities to download and deploy software on your Windows computer.
- While updating the payroll, turn off any firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
Solution 1: Permit Permissions for the QuickBooks Setup Folder
- Close the QuickBooks program and launch the Windows File Manager.
- Properly click on the Intuit folder in the C: software documents folder.
- Select “Homes” and then “Superior” from the drop-down menu.
- Check to see if the individual group is ready to be the owner.
- Now go to the advanced safety Settings phase and switch to the owner’s area on the left.
- Now, underneath the enter, the item instructs you to pick phase-type the users’ names, then click test Names.
- After that, checkmark the update proprietor on the sub boxes and items section.
- After there, click follow, and that’s all there is to it.
- Segment selects users from the Permissions section, and then selects full control.
- Click on follow once more, then adequate.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 102?
After using sufficient rights to access the QuickBooks installation folder, try installing the updates again. If the problem persists, repeat steps 1 through 5 for the other folders.
- C: customers Your consumer call AppData neighbourhood Intuit
- 64-bit customers C: program documents (x86) common documents Intuit
- C: program files not unusual files Intuit
- C: ProgramData Intuit
Solution 2: alter the security settings in Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer and select the tools icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to the superior tab and click it.
- Check the Use SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0 boxes under the security section.
- After that, hit good enough after clicking observe.
There’s a chance that even after trying all of the troubleshooting steps, you’re still having problems with QuickBooks errors 15240. In this case, we recommend that you seek help from a certified QuickBooks Payroll professional and call the Payroll help line at +1-844-947-4350 for immediate assistance.