How to Fix “QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer” Error message?
QuickBooks is a accounting software created by Intuit Inc. This software provides complete accounting solutions, which helps in managing the Inventory, cash flow, payroll, sales volume and many other small business functions. QuickBooks is a great software to manage everything of a company, but sometimes it also encountered problems such as “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error. QBDBMgrN is a feature in QuickBooks which allows multiple users to access the company data, stored on server.
QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error occurs when QBDBMgrN service is disabled in your system, this is the primary reason which brings forth these technical issues in the QuickBooks. Damaged network files can also prompt these errors. In this article we will help you to understand the reasons behind the “QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer” Error and how to resolve this error as a pro.
Reasoning Behind “QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer” Blunder
Here we have mentioned a list of explanations that triggers the “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error.
- Improper configuration of Windows firewall, which doesn’t allow QuickBooks to connect to the internet.
- Your QuickBooks database server manager might be outdated or disabled.
- The error can also appear due to third party firewall software restrictions.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Download Problem
5 Easy Ways to fix “QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer”
Method-1 Re-install QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
- Press Windows + R key on your keyword to open Run command.
- Type Control Panel and press enter or search.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Choose QuickBooks and select Uninstall/Change from the list of the programs.
Download & Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- To begin, download and Install QuickBooksCleanInstallTool.exe file.
- To proceed, select the QuickBooks version you are using and follow the further instruction.
3.Click OK when the command prompt on your screen displays “QuickBooks is ready for Clean Install”.
Rename the installation folder manually
- Set Windows to display Hidden Files and Folders.
- After that, rename all folders that are located under QuickBooks installation folder.
- Now add “old” or “damaged” to the following folders.
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Method-2 Update Windows Firewall
- Press Windows key and search for System & Security
- Select Windows Firewall Option
- Now, click check for Updates under the Update you Firewall Settings section
- If you see any available update, Click on Update Now
- Restart your PC to get the updates installed and open QuickBooks
Method-3 Exclude QBDBMgrN.exe
- Put QBBDBMgrN.exe file in the Windows Firewall’s exclusion list.
- After adding the file, Click on Save firewall settings.
- Check if you are still getting the “QBDBMgrN not running in this computer” error
Method-4 Restart QuickBooks Database Server Service
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyword to open the Run box
- Type services.msc and press enter key
- Now, scroll down and look for QuickBooks Database Server Manager named as QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooksDB26.
- Select the service which you need for your business.
- Click restart and open QuickBooks
Method-5 Repair QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Press Windows + R key on keyboard, and a Run box will pop up on the screen
- Type appwiz.cpl in the search bar
- Click OK
- Next, navigate to Uninstall a program
- Select QuickBooks, click Uninstall/Change option.
- Follow the further steps: Select Continue>Next>Repair>Next.
- Wait, until the repair process ends.
- click on Finish and restart the QuickBooks
We hope that the troubleshooting method mentioned above in this blog helped you to fix the ‘QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error. Sometimes, resolving such errors might turn complicated and in such scenario, you might need a professional’s guidance, Get in touch with our experts at 1.855.738.2784
Also see: What Will You Do When QuickBooks Error TD500 Occur?