A QuickBooks user experiences numerous errors while revamping or setting up Payroll in QuickBooks, and one of them is error PS036, which concerns payroll activities in QuickBooks. Multiple reasons can drive Error PS036 while updating Payroll if the application is not configured accurately or adequately followed the troubleshooting instructions are followed properly. If you are also facing such an error while updating payroll then we suggest you follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Users Looking For Immediate QuickBooks Payroll Support can call QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support Number 1.855.738.2784
Table of Contents
What Cause QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
Numerous reasons can cause Error Code PS036 in QuickBooks and it can even affect the validity of a payroll subscriber. Below, we have listed all the reasons that can cause the ps036 error in QuickBooks.
- PS036 error in QuickBooks arises in case your payroll subscription has expired.
- While applying for the payroll service you have opted for more than one active payroll agreement and there are direct deposits present in the agreement that are inactive.
- One of the primary causes of the error is damage to the company file or if the company file is corrupt.
- in a file located inside the QuickBooks installation folder is damaged or corrupt.
- In case your QuickBooks Desktop application and payroll are not updated to the latest released version.
- You are using incorrect login credentials to log in to your payroll account.
- If you have entered an incorrect Employer Identification Number then QuickBooks might throw QuickBooks Enterprise Error PS036.
- Your Windows operating system is outdated and is not installed with the latest released updates.
- One more reason that triggers Error Message PS036 during Payroll Update in QuickBooks is an incorrect PSID in the company file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Essential Issues to Consider Before Pursuing the Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop application that you are using has the latest updates installed.
- Verify your QuickBooks Payroll login credentials that you use to login into your QuickBooks account.
- Install the latest updates of the Windows operating system to avoid errors like PS036.
- Check and verify the EIN entered by you in QuickBooks.
- Make sure you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
The solution to Fix QuickBooks Error PS036
Step. 1: Rename the QuickBooks Paystub.in File
- Open Windows File manager and click Folder and Search Options by selecting the Organize option at the top left corner of the screen.
- Under the View tab checkmark the View Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
- Now navigate to the QuickBooks folder at C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks and right click inifile and select Rename.
- Type .oldat the end of the file name and save the file.
Step. 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Check the Company File for any Errors
- Follow the link and download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open the downloads of your computer to run the download file or press Ctrl+ J on your browsers to open the downloads.
- Click to start the installation.
- Click Yes to accept the license agreement and proceed further with the installation.
- Now select from the options to repair the company file and/or the network.
- Select Repair Company File and wait until QuickBooks File Doctor repairs any errors in the company file.
- After repairing the company file try to update the payroll once again and check if you are still getting the PS036
Step 3: Run QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
- Press Windows+ R to open the Run
- Type MSConfig and press Enter or click OK.
- Click Selective Startup under the General tab to load the system services.
- Now under the Services tab click Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now click Disable alland uncheck Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Make sure Windows Installerbox is selected.
- Now click ok and restart your computer.
Following all the given troubleshooting steps will get you rid of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
but make sure that you follow all the steps in the given order. In case the error is not resolved and you are still searching for “I am Getting Error PS036” on search engines, then you can get direct help from our certified QuickBooks Payroll experts by calling our support number at 1.855.738.2784