Stop panicking if your QuickBooks connection has been lost! Even though it is a matter of concern, the methods to tackle it is pretty easy. This detailed article explains all the requisite info about the glitch and the two best ways to get rid of it. However, before that, you must know how to identify the error. Well, whenever the connection is lost, the following warning message appears, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered”. So, for more in-depth details, go through the entire content.
If you are worried about how to function your QuickBooks again if it is not responding, then call us at our Toll-Free to have a word with one of the experts.
Table of Contents
Why Can’t I Connect to my QuickBooks?
In this part of the blog, we have explained the most usual reasons for incurring the problem. To know them in detail, check out the following causes-
- If the power management configuration of your server computer is not to the point, there is a possibility of receiving the error.
- Check if the company file has been damaged or corrupted as it can be one of the reasons.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 103
What Can I Do If the QuickBooks Desktop Stops Responding Due to Connection Issue?
Do not get troubled if the QB connection has been lost. Here are a few simple troubleshooting methods that will help you remove the glitch within no time. Read out and perform all the steps carefully-
SOLUTION 1: Turn Off the Power Management Settings on the Host Computer
- Initiate the process by starting the computer that contains your data file.
- In that device, go to Control Panel from the ‘Start’ section of the Windows desktop.
- Further, choose the power management settings section.
- Under the section, make sure you disable the hibernation, sleep, and standby mode.
- Once done, exit the entire window, and finally, try to open your QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool From the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- If the QuickBooks Desktop is in use, ensure to exit it.
- Now, to download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub, visit the official website of Intuit.
- Once you download the file, save it to a favorable location.
- Next, open and run the file in order to begin the installation.
- Keep proceeding to the next steps by following the on-screen prompted instructions.
- After that, checkmark the correct checkbox to accept the terms and conditions.
- To end the installation process, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- Launch the QB Tool Hub and then move your cursor on the ‘Company File Issues’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ button and then select the desired company file from the drop-down menu.
- Tap ‘Continue’ followed by clicking on the ‘Check your file’ option.
- Once you provide the admin password of your QuickBooks, hit ‘Next’.
We hope you must have been able to understand every detail of the ‘QuickBooks Connection has been lost’ error message that has been described here. In addition, if you require any other assistance regarding the same matter, contact our team of experts through 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Crash Com Error