Quick Troubleshooting Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks with its amazing accounting features serves small and medium-sized business across the world and is also one of the most popular applications used by individuals for managing their daily bookkeeping activities. As the number of features increases in any software, the chances of getting errors also increases. In this article, we are going to explain error H202 that interrupts some common operations of the QuickBooks Desktop application and adversely affects multi-user mode. After profoundly analyzing the error we have listed all the reason that might cause the error H202 in QuickBooks Desktop, and you will also find an easy and detailed troubleshooting method to fix the error so follow the entire article for complete info.
If you need Help of a Certified QuickBooks Desktop Experts to Resolve Error H202, then Call QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1.855.738.2784
Reasons that Trigger QuickBooks Error H202
Error H202 mostly arises when a user tries to access the company file stored on a different computer in the network using the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. Once a user encounters error H202 an error message “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)” pops up on the user’s screen. Following are the mistakes that can cause QuickBooks to show error code H202:
- Your computer is unable to connect with the server that is hosting the company file due to some technical faults in the IP configuration or in the DNS settings.
- QuickBooks Database service or QuickBooks CF Monitor service is not running on the client’s system or on the server that is hosting the QuickBooks Company File.
- QB Database service that is required by workstations to communicate with each other in the network is damaged or corrupt.
- Windows or a third-party firewall is blocking the access of the client’s workstation to the server.
- QuickBooks Desktop installed on client’s workstation and on the server is outdated
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
For prompt results, we suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below in the given sequence
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15101
Step. 1: Troubleshoot Network Errors
- Follow the link and download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open downloads and double-click the qbfd.exe file.
- Open QuickBooks file doctor and select Network only.
- After scanning the network, QuickBooks file doctor will automatically resolve the network connectivity issues on the workstation.
- Follow the same steps on the server that is hosting the company file.
- Make sure that Multi-User Mode is turned-on under the QuickBooks settings on the server.
Step. 2: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error
- Press Window + R and open Windows Run box.
- Type a command Services.msc in the text box of the run window and press Enter.
- Now in the list of all the Windows services locate QuickBooks service named as QuickBooksDB1X.
- Select the file and from the left side panel click Start.
- Exit the services window.
Step. 3: Delete QuickBooks Network Files
- Open Windows File Manager and click the Organize tab on the top left corner of the screen
- Now select Folder and Search Options and under the View tab unmark the Hide extensions for the known file type box.
- Now unmark Hide protected operating system files checkbox and click Apply and then OK.
- Go back to the Windows File Manager and from the Search Files and Folders search box search for the file with .ND extension.
- Delete the .ND file and exit File Manager.
- Open QuickBooks and try to access the company file once again and in case if you still get the same H202 error then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Step 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Open Control Panel from the settings of Windows and select Uninstall/Remove Programs.
- From the list of all the installed programs on Windows double-click QuickBooks.
- Now choose the option to repair the QuickBooks installation.
- Follow all the instructions displayed on the screen to repair QuickBooks Desktop and restart Windows.
- Try to open the company file once again in the multi-user environment.
We understand that if you are not much familiar with windows troubleshooting QuickBooks Error H202, then it might be a complex task for you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above in the article and you might need the help of an expert to get the issue fixed. If this is the case, then you can call our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1.855.738.2784 for instant help and better assistance.
Also see : QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file? Here’s What you can do to Fix it