What is QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks is widely recognized as one of the finest accounting software and it is known for its amazing features of handling transactions, bookkeeping, payroll management, maintaining records, and many other features. Although QuickBooks makes accounting activities very easy for small and medium-sized businesses, it can be disregarded and is also prone to multiple errors. One such kind of error is QuickBooks Error H202 which mainly occurs when users try to switch into multi-user mode.
In this blog, we will discuss one of the most reported errors that are usually faced by QB users.
What is QuickBooks Error H202 and its Causes?
On a multi-user network, QB company File (QBW) is stored on a server computer. Computers that are connected to the network (who don’t host QBW files) are called workstations. When a workstation fails to access the company file placed on another computer, this results in an H202 QuickBooks error.
This error mainly appears on your desktop screen when you try to open your company file in multi-user mode. This error doesn’t let QuickBooks perform the given task.
‘This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connection’ this shows the Error of H202.
Before you know the causes of the error H202 and how to resolve it, make sure you read and understand the whole procedure that is given below. We make sure that these troubleshooting steps will resolve all your H202 errors instantly and provide you with the best result.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
The main causes of Quickbooks error H202 in QB are mentioned below
- The hosting configuration setting is incorrect.
- If QB file setting option blocked the access of company file. Then it blocks the incoming and outgoing communications.
- The error also occurs if there is any damage or having any incorrect ND files configuration that unableAsthe access to the database file through Quickbooks.
- If QuickBooks is unable to search the main IP address of the host system or using the same IP address.
- No easy communication of data to the server in the company data file.
- The improper or incomplete setting of DNS.
- The services of QB such as QuickBooksDBXX/ QBCF are not yet started.
- The error H202 is most probably occurs when security software or firewall blocks the communication to the company file.
- When the user tries to work with the company file and it is in the multi-user mode, this shows that the QB is unable to reach the server to the system.
Signals about Error H202 in QuickBooks
- Users of QB are unable to switch between Consumer and Business Mode.
- Works Slowly or get freeze.
- The notice ‘Error H202’ is displayed on the screen.
- Not able to view business files on a different computer.
- The computer operates at a slower rate than usual.
How to fix error H202 in QuickBooks
Follow the basic steps to solve to error without any hassle.
Step 1- Check the Network Connectivity
- Enter Run into the window search bar to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, enter cmd in the search bar and click to enter.
- From your workstation, enter ping in your server and press the enter key.
- If you’re receiving late responses, it shows that your network has some that need to be fixed.
In case, the internet connectivity is not the issue, then you can proceed to the next step in the resolution process to fix the error
Step 2- Use QB file Doctor tool
- Download QuickBooks file doctor from their official site.
- By running the download file, install the tool.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Open the tool after installing.
- Browse the file that has some issues.
- Enter the credential of admin and click to enter to start scanning.
- Once the error is detected, restart the system for saving the changes.
Step 3- Use QB data server manager
- You need to make sure that the computer server firewall setting isn’t blocking QuickBooks.
- Once you install the QB tool, visit the company file issue tab.
- Click on the file issue tab.
- Select the QB information server manager.
- To fix the issue, browse the company file.
- Now click on the start button for scanning the error.
- Lastly, restart the system.
Step 4- Recreate the ND File
- In the search box enter ND and select the result by pressing the enter key.
- Once you select the desired result, now select the delete option from the drop-down menu.
- Click to the start icon in your window.
- Go to all programs, then to QuickBooks, and search the QuickBooks Data Server Manager.
- Click on the scan folder tab.
- Choose the Add folder and go to the company file.
- After selecting the company file, click on the OK button.
- Click on Scan and it will start detecting the error.
- Once the scan is completed, close the process window.
- Now open the QB in multiuser mode to check whether the error is resolved or not.
For more articles visit: Business
QuickBooks is mainly an accounting software which is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. This software keeps records of your accounts such as handling transactions, payroll management, maintaining records, and many more. An error that is mostly faced by the QB user is error H202 occurs when users try to switch into multi-user mode. We have mentioned the causes and the solution to fix the error above. Kindly read the whole procedure of fixing Quickbooks error H202.