This article was written to help users solve the problem of Canon printers printing blank pages using the correct procedure.
Table of Contents
Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages: Top Reasons
These are the top reasons Canon Pixma printers print blank pages.
- The Canon printer may have a hardware or driver problem.
- The cartridge may have a problem or it might not be properly installed.
- Canon printers printing blank pages may be caused by low ink levels or other fundamental issues.
- Because of the obstruction of vacuum in your printer device.
- This problem could also be caused by corrupted software.
Steps To Resolve Canon Pixma Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue.
Take the time to note the steps below to resolve the problem of the canon printer printing blank pages.
Deep Cleaning with Printer Settings
- From the Windows desktop screen, open the Control Panel and then click on the “Devices and Printers” link.
- After right-clicking the model name of your Canon printer, click “Properties”.
- Click on “Preferences” and then “Device settings” in the printer properties section.
- Select the “Printhead option” from the “Preferences” menu. Next, click on the “Services and Clean Print Head” option.
- You might need to repeat the previous step several times until the print head is clean.
- Select the “Maintenance tab” to select the “Deep Cleaning” and “Nozzle Check” options.
- To check if the printer is printing correctly, you can perform a print test.
Install the Printer Driver
This is how to fix the Canon printer problem of not printing blank pages. Follow these steps to update your printer driver.
- To begin, click on the Windows Home key + the S key to open the Search box. Next, click on “Device Manager”.
- Once the Device Manager is opened, point on the ‘Print Queue’ option and expand on it.
- Next, right-click on your printer and select the “Update Driver” option. Check if the update has been installed.
- Select the “Update” option to install it.
- After it is done, restart the system and run a print test.
Install the Canon Printer Driver:
If the printer continues to print blank pages, follow these steps to reinstall the driver.
- Open the control panel, then select programs & Features. Search for your printer driver.
- Right-click on the driver software, and then tap on Uninstall
- Restart your system, and then download the printer driver from canon.com/ijsetup
It is important to immediately check and remove this as it can cause a vacuum inside the cartridge. This prevents ink from leaking onto the paper, which in turn causes blank pages to be printed
Replace your Cartridge before it runs dry
It’s always smart to change the cartridge before it runs out. Low ink will indicate to your printer.
Do not use low-quality, generic cartridges from third parties.
It is almost impossible to block the ink cartridge nozzles by using the wrong ink cartridge. Use genuine Canon ink cartridges in your printer.
View the Documents You Print:
Sometimes, the documents you want to print maybe already blank. Search again and print the correct document.
Unclog Print Heads
This problem can also occur if the printer isn’t used for a long time. These steps will help you to clean out the cartridge’s blocked areas.
- First, turn off the printer and remove any clogged print heads.
- Take out the cartridge from your Canon printer
- Next, wipe the printer clean with a soft cloth.
- Start using your printer by installing a new cartridge of ink.
We are hopeful that your Canon printer blank page problem will be solved.
Important Information to Avoid Printing Blank Pages
- Regular printing is essential as it ensures the ink flows smoothly and prevents it from getting blocked.
- Use only high-quality generic cartridges. Make sure the nozzles don’t get blocked or choked.
- To avoid ink coagulation or solidification inside the printer, keep it in a dry and cool place.
I hope this article will be of great help to you when printing blank pages with your Canon printer. If you have any questions about the Canon printer, please contact their technical support team. Visit the official Canon website to reach them.