We will show you how to fix the Printer error state. This error can be fixed in just a few steps. This method works if the problem is minor with detection or software. However, if your printer isn’t turning on or has a fault, please first check it and then follow these steps. Your printer brand might have a different error message. You will receive the error message “HP printer error state” if you have an HP printer. If you have a Canon printer, you will see the error message “printing in error state“. Your printer brand will be the reason for your error message. This error is most commonly found in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
These are the steps to fix printer errors.
Method 1: Run Windows Update.Your Windows 10 OS should be updated. The issue will be resolved automatically once Windows 10 OS is updated. This is an easy and proven solution. Before you proceed to the next steps, I recommend that you first update your Windows.
Method 2: Reinstall the printer driver
- Click on the Start Menu button. Search for Device Manager and open it.
- Click on the “HT0_ Device Manager ” button and then click on ” View”, then click ” Show Hidden Devices”.
- Scroll down and right-click on “Ports(COM & LPT”)” , then click on ” Property”.
- Click “Port Settings”, then uncheck ” Enable Legacy Plug and Play detection” and hit “OK”. Check if the error has been fixed. If not, click “Port Settings” again and then uncheck the ” Enable legacy Plug and Play discovery” option.
- If that doesn’t resolve the problem, open the device manager and expand ” Ports (COM & LPT”) to find your printer name. Next, right-click your printer name. Click ” Uninstall” to uninstall the drivers.
- After you have uninstalled divers, click on the ” Update Driver Software button. This screen will appear:
- Click on ” Browse My Computer for Driver Software” to locate the driver and then click on “Next”.
- To install drivers if you don’t have them, click on ” Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software”. Windows will download and install the drivers automatically. Make sure you have internet access. It will take some time for the drivers to be found and installed.
- After it is done installing, you can print it.
This should resolve the problem. If the error persists, your printer may be at fault.Printers can have a variety of problems. Your Windows 10 PC may tell you that your printer is having an error, but not explain further. This means that your printer won’t be able to print any jobs.
This could be preventing you from printing important documents. Learn how to fix your Windows 10 printer.
- Make sure the printer is properly connected to your computer
This will confirm that your printer is recognized by your computer.
- Enter Control Panel into the Start menu search bar, and choose the best match.
- Control Panel: Click View devices, printers, under the Sound options.
- Now you can see all the devices installed on your computer. Find your printer by clicking here.
- The Status of your printer should be indicated at the bottom bar. It should read Ready. This indicates that your computer recognizes the printer and can communicate with it.
- Reboot the printer
The error message should not be displayed on your computer any more
- Verify the Cartridge Ink and Paper Levels
- Install the printer drivers again
It’s easy to install, remove, or reinstall drivers in Windows 10. Here’s how:
- Disconnect the printer cable from your computer.
- Start Control Panel from your computer.
- Scroll down to Hardware or Sound and select the View devices, printers option.
- Locate your printer in the Devices List.
- Right-click on your printer and choose to remove it.
- The prompt asks you if you want to delete the selected printer. To continue, select Yes.
- The printer should be connected to your computer and the driver software will automatically be installed by your computer.