There are instances when QuickBooks Online keeps freezing and takes too long to respond. For any software, it is important to provide good efficiency so users can finish their tasks without any delay. Not just freezing, the QuickBooks sometimes keeps crashing while performing the task. There are multiple reasons behind the error, such as outdated QuickBooks application, damaged QuickBooks components and browser cache. To learn more about the QuickBooks freezing issue, read the blog until the end.
If you require advanced and technical assistance to fix QuickBooks Online keeps freezing error, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Table of Contents
Main causes of QuickBooks Desktop Freezing up issue
Below are prominent causes behind the QuickBooks Online freezing issue:
- The browser’s cache is slowing down the computer and QuickBooks processes.
- The QuickBooks company file is damaged or has a long name.
- Some QuickBooks components are damaged and need repairing.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 61686
Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks freezes when printing issue
Solution 1. Download and Install the latest Microsoft update
- Click the Windows Start menu and choose Settings.
- Select Windows Update and choose Check for updates.
- Follow the prompt steps to install the update.
- Click View Update History to check if the update is installed.
Solution 2. Restore backup of QuickBooks company file
- Start QuickBooks, go to the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Click Restore a backup copy, then Next and choose Local Backup.
- Scroll the Look In drop-down menu and select a location for your backup file.
- From the folder, choose a backup file having the name [ Company Name ].qbb and select Open.
- Click Next, scroll the Save in the drop-down and select a location to save the restored file.
- Move to the File name field, type a new file name and click Save.
Solution 3. Use Verify and Rebuild Data
- Open the QuickBooks application and head to the File menu.
- Scroll the drop-down and choose Utilities.
- Click Verify Data and let the tool check for the data issues.
- Go to the File menu and choose Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- Click Rebuild Data and then create a backup copy:
- Start QuickBooks, select the File menu and click Switch to Single-user mode.
- Click the File menu again, choose Back up Company and select Create Local Backup.
- From the prompt window, click Local Backup and select Next.
- Go to the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location to save the backup company file.
- To proceed, click Save it now and then Next.
- Now, restore the backup using the steps given below:
- Select the QuickBooks File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Click Restore a backup copy, then Local Backup and then Next.
- Search for the backup company file on the computer with the .qbb extension and choose a folder to save it.
- Select Open and then Save.
We know it’s difficult to resolve QuickBooks Online keeps freezing error on our own. However, we have provided the best troubleshooting solutions to help you fix it. If you are unable to fix it, dial our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get advanced troubleshooting guidance from QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 179