Founded by Intuit Inc., QuickBooks Desktop is an excellent accounting application used by thousands of companies all across the globe. Being equipped with so many ultra-modern features and tools, QuickBooks Desktop is more than enough to handle all the daily financial tasks of a business. However, using QuickBooks Desktop has some drawbacks, like its susceptibility to errors and bugs. In this post, you will learn about QuickBooks Event Id 4 error, which a user can get while working with the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. Ahead in this post, we will discuss the reasons why QuickBooks Event Id 4 error occurs, alongside their troubleshooting methods.
To avail yourself of live support removing QuickBooks Event Id 4 error, you can contact our QuickBooks expert team +1-855-856-0042.
Table of Contents
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks Event Id 4 error?
Damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file is the most common reason behind QuickBooks Event Id 4 error. There are other reasons also that can cause it, such as:
1. Corrupt or partial installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Take the help of this blog and resolve your QuickBooks Error 6210.
How can you debug QuickBooks Event Id 4 error safely?
Method 1: Make use of QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the QuickBooks company file
1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most current release (220.127.116.11) on your server computer. The server computer is the one that hosts the QuickBooks company file over the multi-user network.
2. Double-click the setup file QuickBooksToolHub.exe (the file you downloaded above).
3. Act according to the on-screen directions and agree to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
4. Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
5. Navigate to the Company File Issues tab.
6. Pick the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option and wait until the QuickBooks File Doctor tool opens.
7. From the drop-down menu, choose your QuickBooks company file. If you don’t see your QuickBooks company file there, select Browse and search to locate it.
8. Choose the Check you file option (the middle one) and then hit the Continue button.
9. When prompted, fill in the admin password of QuickBooks Desktop and then choose the Next option.
10. Wait until the diagnosis of your QuickBooks company file finishes.
If you get QuickBooks Event Id 4 error again while working with the company file, move to the second method.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 1328
Method 2: Fix the QuickBooks installation using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
1. On your computer, launch QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2. From the left bar, pick the Installation Issues tab.
3. Choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option.
4. The tool can take up to 20 minutes to diagnose and fix the QuickBooks installation. So please wait until it is finished.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Launch QuickBooks Desktop and see if you can perform the required tasks now.
We hope you like this post and can fix the QuickBooks Event Id 4 error by applying the troubleshooting mentioned earlier. If not, then any viruses on your computer are possibly interrupting the functioning of the QuickBooks Desktop. Hence, we advise you to remove all the viruses present on your computer using an anti-virus application. You can also get further assistance removing the error by contacting our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.
Also see this: QuickBooks Error 6190 77