Epson is a leading printer manufacturer that doesn’t require an introduction. From supplying printers with all the essential features at a very low cost to providing user-friendly features that do not require technical expertise, Epson finds its place in the top printer brands. No doubt. Epson is a fantastic printer however it has certain issues. One of the most common issues that affect Epson clients could include Epson error code 0x97 wf-3640.
If you’ve come across or are suffering from the Epson error code 0x97 and require effective solutions This blog is ideal for you. This blog will tackle the issue in more detail and provide solutions for taking action from your home to resolve the issue.
Table of Contents
What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
If the motherboard or internal hardware malfunctions this error code can show in the process of printing. A sudden power cut-off or freezing is the most frequent sign of this error code 0x97.
- Sometimes, the issue of connection is the reason for the printer issue. A damaged or defective cable port can cause this issue very often.
- There is dust solid particles, solid particles, or dirt within this printer’s head that could be also a reason for this irritating issue.
- A faulty Epson driver or obsolete firmware can trigger this dreadful issue.
What’s the error Code 0x97 in Epson Printer?
It is Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 can be an issue that is experienced when users use Epson printers over a prolonged amount of time. The issue could arise anytime without notice and may slow the printing process.
The error message is displayed on the LCD screen of the printer. The issue needs to be fixed promptly for normal functioning to begin.
The printer must be connected:
- To fix the problem, it’s necessary to end all printing jobs and then clear any jammed paper.
- Take all cables and cords from your printer along with anything else attached to it.
- To remove any remaining electricity from the printer, it’s essential to turn off the printer.
- Maintain the printer stationary for 60 seconds, and then when you’ve connected the printer.
- Print a document after the power switch of your printer to confirm that the issue is fixed.
- The printer should be turned on and off
- Unplug all connectors and wires. Then wait for 5 minutes until the printer has cooled down.
- Click on the power button, and hold it for 60 seconds after which you can connect all the wires.
- Hold on to the power button for another 60 seconds, then turn it off.
- Print a test page to ensure that the issue has been solved.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Install the Windows Printer Troubleshooter program from the Epson official website.
- Save the folder you downloaded to the desktop.
- Double-tap that folder and select the executable file from the resulting window.
- Make sure you run this program correctly and then identify the printer’s internal problem.
- After that, restart your PC and Epson printer with success. Then, determine if the Epson error persists.
Cleanse the printer head:
- Shut down the printer. Then, open the cartridge ink container to wash and clean the heads of your printer.
- The cartridges used for ink need to be taken out and then released.
- Apply a damp towel to your middle tracks. This is the area where the printer’s head sits.
- The cloth must remain there for a time to absorb all the ink that has dried.
- Reinstall the cartridges when the printing head has dried with an absorbent fabric.
- And lastly, run a test on printing to determine if the issue can be resolved.
Have you followed the instructions above, but haven’t solved your Epson error code of 0x97 from the printer? If so, then there’s no need to fret. Call us at our Epson Customer Support number and speak to an expert who will resolve the issue immediately.