QuickBooks Desktop falls under the foremost exemplary accounting applications present worldwide. The features and tools of QuickBooks Desktop are highly advanced, which lets business ventures manage their day-to-day financial transactions efficiently. However, no matter how good QuickBooks Desktop is in its work, it’s not free from errors and bugs. One such error is that the Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error, which many users encounter while turning on the multi-user mode in their QuickBooks Desktop. during this article, we’ll explain the explanations behind such a QuickBooks multi-user mode error and therefore the troubleshooting ways to repair it.
Troubled with QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error and need to mend it? If yes, speak with our QuickBooks technical team at +1-855-856-0042.
Why does Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error occur?
Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error usually occurs when the QuickBooks folder lacks the Windows permissions to share your company file over the multi-user network. There may be other reasons also behind it, such as:
1. QuickBooks Database Server Manager isn’t running on the server computer.
How to fix Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error safely?
Solution 1) Grant the needed Windows permissions to the QuickBooks folder
1. Choose the Windows icon at the left end of the taskbar.
2. Select the All Programs option.
3. From the list, select File Explorer.
4. bear the trail “C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit.”
5. Find the QuickBooks folder and right-click on that.
6. From the given options, choose Properties.
7. move to the protection tab then select the Edit option.
8. Select QBDataServiceUserXX.
9. Put a checkmark on the checkbox next to Full Control.
10. Then select the Allow option.
11. Select the Apply option then choose the OK button.
Move to the subsequent solution if you continue to get the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error.
Solution 2) On your server computer, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the foremost current release (184.108.40.206) on your server computer.
2. Store the installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe on your Windows Desktop and so open it.
3. Do as per the on-screen instructions so comply with the terms and conditions to end the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s installation.
4. Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub then select the Network Issues tab.
5. Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
6. If you see your company get into the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, choose the beginning Scan option. If your company file isn’t present there, select the Browse choice to head to its location and choose the beginning Scan option.
7. Select the Close option when the scan to locate the corporate file is finished.
8. Open QuickBooks Desktop and see whether you’ll switch it to multi-user mode now.
Solution 3) Verify the Services on your Server
Several applications are running within the background that helps QuickBooks run efficiently in multi-user mode. as an example, you may face difficulties running QuickBooks in multi-user mode if any services stop running or function automatically stop when Windows starts. you will also find yourself with a QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. However, by following the below-given steps, you’ll be able to confirm that the QB database service is ready to run automatically:
1. Click on the Windows icon and kind Run within the text box to open the Run command window.
2. Type services.msc into the Run window and press the Enter key.
3. Double click on the QuickbooksDBXX.
4. within the Startup type, set it to Automatic. ensure that the service status is about to either Running or Started.
5. move to the Recovery tab and click on on Restart the Service from the computer menu.
6. First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
7. Lastly, click on Apply followed by okay to save the changes.
After applying the troubleshooting solutions discussed above, we hope you’ll fix the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working error. If not, then the Windows Firewall may not be letting QuickBooks connect with the net. Therefore, your advice is to line up the Windows Firewall security configuration for QuickBooks Desktop. to induce yourself extra help fixing QuickBooks multi-user mode error, you’ll be able to contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.