You’re in need of an urgent print-ready document However, when you begin the printing, you discover that the HP Printer is not online. Did this happen to you? If you’ve received the error, this may be a bit frustrating since it means that the hp printer offline will not get new print jobs, and process them in order to produce quality prints. This is a serious issue and must be addressed as quickly as is possible. We should not send any further printing requests to your offline printer until you’re successful in getting it back. If you find printing jobs that are stuck on the printer queue it is recommended that you start canceling them as soon as your printer has been able to connect. In this article, you’ll learn how to make your printer work in a short time using amazing tricks and methods. So, let’s take a look at the details!
Table of Contents
Basic Reasons For HP Printer Offline Error
There could be a myriad of causes that are responsible for why My HP Printer Not Connected error. One of the reasons could be as follows:
- Drivers that are out of date against your printer install on your computer
- There is a communication break between PC and Printer is a result of the communication gap between PC and
- Connectivity issues can cause the same issue.
- A printer settings error could cause a printer to be offline
Each of these causes is a unique resolution procedure. Check out the following video to find out more!
Productive Solutions To Fix HP Printer Offline Problem
We have compile a list of possible solutions to restore your printer online after having it shut down. HP Printer Offline. It is not required to follow all of the steps for fixing. When you’ve solved the issue end your journey to the next solution that is outlined in the instructions. The most straightforward solutions are listed below since they require minimal effort and technical expertise. Also, take a look at the following list:
Solution 1. Use HP Printer and Scan Doctor in order to determine why the printer is always offline
Here are the steps you should be doing:
- Utilize to use the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” application to pinpoint the reason why my HP Printer Not Online and fix the issue.
- To download this application to download it you need to go to the official website and download the specific version to resolve the issue of offline.
- After downloading HPPSdr.exe it, click to it in the downloaded folder and then start the application.
- If you’re prompted to choose “Yes” to verify the source of the file. The source originates directly from HP tech support. HP technical support team.
- Select on the “Start” button and select your printer.
- If your printer’s name is not identified, try restarting your printer, and then select “Retry” in the Print and Scan Doctor application.
- The program will detect problems with connection. Follow the prompts on screen and then click “Yes” if asked to activate printer updates.
- Follow the prompts, and then click “Yes” if asked to change this printer to the default printer.
After the status of the printer is altered between “Offline” to “Online” and the printer will begin functioning. If it is the case that your HP Printer is still offlineyet then move on to the next step.
Solution 2: Set The Printer As Default
Follow the steps provided If you want to have your printer to be default. These steps are available to Windows 10 users. Before you begin, make sure you’ve already downloaded and installed every one the updates that are available that are compatible with Windows 10. Windows 10 operating system.
- The first step is to first open Windows. Then, you need to open the Windows search box, and type “Devices” into the field
- After that, choose Printers and Then, select scanners and printers
- Check that the check-box in front of “Let Windows manage my default printer” is not checked. If this is the case and you want to uncheck it, tap on the box to uncheck it.
- Select your printer from the list of available printers
- If your printer has been listed multiple times, you should select the version that shows an idle or online state.
- Click Manage
- Then Click to set the default settings.
Then try printing once more to determine if HP Printer keeps going Offline is now operational. If your device is still showing inactive status proceed to the next guide for solving.
Solution 3: Verify Your Printer Port And Windows Services Status
In the next resolution you need to verify with the printer’s use of WSD ports. Here’s how you can confirm it:
- To find out, use your Windows search box, or request Cortana for control Panel and then click “View devices and printers”
- Then, right-click onto your printer, and click on”Printer Properties” from the “Printer Properties” tab
- Select the Ports tab to check if your printer is connect to the WSD port.
If the printer actually uses WSD, you must follow the steps listed below or simply don’t follow the steps below:
- Search Windows or ask Cortana for “Services”
- Scroll the cursor down to locate “Function Discovery Provider Host” and “Function Discovery Resource Publication” in the provided list.
- Look at the Status and Start type columns.
- If they’re running and the type of startup is automatic, proceed to the next step.
- In the event that your screen is blank appears by a manual startup type you can right-click on the name and choose “Properties”
- Change the type of startup to Automatic
- After that, click Start under the status of service and then click”OK” to confirm “OK” button
- Return to your Device and Printers section and click”F5″ to return “F5” key
- Select your printer’s name and then check the status
- If it’s online, congratulations! Your issue is fixed. If it is still Offline, move to the next step.
Solution 4: Check Your Connection
If your printer is linker via your laptop, it could be experiencing other issues. What is causing my HP Printer Not Online Problems persist. If you’re using the USB cord to connectto your printer, ensure that it is secure in its the right place. If the problem persists then you may want to consider switching to an alternative USB cord. However, if you are using an internet connection for connecting to the printer you should follow the steps below:
- Turn off your printer and then turn it off , then wait for 10 seconds before unplugging your power cable from the printer.
- Turn off your operating system.
- Connect the printer’s power cord to the printer as directed and turn the printer ON.
- Remove the power cord to your wireless router.
- Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting it
- It could take a few seconds for your internet to get back online
- When it does, turn on your computer.
- Utilizing using the HP Wireless setup wizard, or with using the HP Smart software, connect your printer directly to your network
- Print an wireless report to determine whether connectivity issues still be present
- Look for this report under Network Settings or in the Wireless menu on your printer
Avail 24/7 Online Support Service For Quality Assistance
Does the information you have been provided sufficient for you to make the switch from HP Printer Offline to Online? If not, don’t be concerned! Your time won’t be wasted. You still have a great opportunity to receive expert advice from our expert experts. Just contact our HP Customer Support number and remain in contact to us. With us, you’ll be prepared to print any item without any interruption. Hence, let us handle your problem!