Counter steps if the QuickBooks crashes when opening company file
QuickBooks is in-demand software for accounting tasks required in a business. It performs flawless bookkeeping along with storing the data simultaneously. The data is later used to track the financial health of the business. The records of transactions, invoices and all such information is stored inside the company files in QuickBooks. The software sometimes faces issues while opening these company files and can show inappropriate behaviour in its performance. If you encountered a similar issue and your QuickBooks Crashes when Opening Company File, keep reading the blog to know its causes and the methods that can be used to fix it.
For any related assistance, contact QB professionals at 1.855.738.2784.
About the error
This issue occurs while opening a company file in QuickBooks. The software will crash every time you try to open a company file; even if you gain access to the file, QuickBooks will freeze for some time before crashing eventually. A lagging connection can cause this error in the software forcing the user to be locked out of their data file till the issue is fixed.
The most favourable conditions for this error to occur in your QuickBooks are mentioned below-
- Your QuickBooks is outdated, causing compatibility issues with your windows.
- If you recently upgraded your QuickBooks version, some possibilities are that your company file got corrupted, and now the file is not supported in this QB version.
- Folder settings are not permissible for QuickBooks to access the file.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error Code 6150 1006
This error can be fixed using the methods mentioned below-
Solution 1- Run the Verify & Rebuild utility to repair your company file
If your company file is saved on a local hard drive, a virus attack can cause data corruption. Your company file might also be damaged along with other data; follow the steps to start the repairs-
- Open QuickBooks, click on the File option and select Utilities in the drop-down list.
- Click on Verify data and select Ok.
- If the process completes without any issues, then there are no issues with the file, but if a message ‘Your data has failed the integrity check’ appears on your screen, click on the Rebuild Now option that is prompted.
- Wait until your data gets repaired and reopen QuickBooks after completing the process.
Try to open the company file again from the File menu; if any issues occur, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Restart the QuickBooks service and run the database manager if the file is located on a network
If QuickBooks cannot connect to the company file on a multi-user network, the database server manager might have crashed or stopped working in the background. Follow the steps to restart the service.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Type Services.msc.
- Look for processes named QuickBooksDBXX (XX denotes QB version).
- Right-click on the process and select Restart from the list.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to access your company file.
You’ll be able to open the file after using these methods.
This is the end of our blog; we discussed why your QuickBooks Crashes when Opening Company File and the procedures you can use to fix this error from the software. We hope you applied the methods and the issue was resolved.
For any further assistance related to the issue, Call 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Sync Manager error