QuickBooks error 179 is a bank connection error that is usually seen while creating a backup and connecting with the bank. When the error occurs, QuickBooks automatically disconnects from the bank, displaying an error message, “Verify Master: totTrans wrong. Is 3851. Should be 3884.” Users need to resolve the error immediately to resume QuickBooks online banking services. To learn the detailed troubleshooting procedure to fix QuickBooks Online error 179, go through the blog below and implement the solutions.
To receive exceptional technical advice on QuickBooks error 179, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Table of Contents
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Online error 179
The list of factors responsible for bank connection error are as follows:
- The login credentials used to connect with the bank are incorrect or not updated in QuickBooks.
- The same account is logged in to multiple devices, creating connection issues.
Permanent Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Bank Connection error 179
Solution 1. Access QBWin.log file from Windows
- Close company files before you exit the QuickBooks program.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu and type File Explorer in the search field.
- Open the File Explorer and browse to the QBWin.log file location. The location is C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\log\XX.X\QBWin.log, where XX in the path represents the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Solution 2. Move to the QuickBooks Product Information screen to access the QBW.in log file
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop application and press the Ctrl + 1 keys or F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information screen.
- From there, go to the Tech Help window by tapping the Ctrl + 2 keys jointly on the keyboard or the F3 key.
- Choose the Open File tab, select QBWin.log file, and then Open File.
Solution 3. Fix bank connection error 179 by running File Doctor from the QB Tool Hub
- Close all open company files before you exit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Visit Intuit’s website to download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version. Once done, save it to a place where you can easily find.
- Head to the location, double-click to open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- To install the QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully, you need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- On your desktop, look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub icons and double-click to open it.
- Wait until the QB Tool Hub opens, choose Company File Issues and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Scroll the drop-down and choose your company file. If your company file is not there, click Browse and search it on your PC.
- Select the Check your file option, click Continue and enter login details.
- Click Next to start the tool and wait till it repairs the company file.
This guidance blog on QuickBooks error 179 ends here. We are hopeful that the solutions discussed above will work for you in resolving the bank connection error. There might be instances when the error reappears. In that case, contact the QuickBooks support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Crashes When Opening Company File