QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file? Here’s What you can do to Fix it
QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file
All the business’s financial data get saved in the QuickBooks company file. Any damage to the file stops the user from accessing the data and gives ‘QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file’ error. The error comes up on the screen when a user tries to open QuickBooks and the company file. It usually happens when the company file is damaged or the Windows firewall blocks its connection with QuickBooks. Some other reasons behind the error are discussed in the next section of the blog. Read the blog until the end to learn the troubleshooting procedure to fix the company file error.
Need assistance to fix QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error? Dial 1.855.738.2891 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
What are the causes behind QuickBooks’ won’t open company file error?
Below is the list of possible factors that give rise to this company file error:
- Windows firewall is interrupting the connection between QuickBooks and the company file.
- User is not working on the latest QuickBooks Desktop update.
- User has not set up permissions to share the files over the network.
- QB Database Server Manager is not running on the host computer.
- Hosting is enabled on the workstations.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks can’t access company file error
Solution 1. Download and install the latest version of QuickBooks to run File Doctor
This is the standard troubleshooting method to resolve this issue. Follow the below steps:-
- Close the company file, then QuickBooks, and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- The file gets saved to the Downloads folder automatically. You can save it to your Windows Desktop for easy access.
- Open the setup file you downloaded and follow the instructions given on the screen to install the tool hub.
- Mark the agree to the terms and condition checkbox to finish the installation.
- Once it’s done, go to your desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- From the QB Tool Hub, choose Company File Issues and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In the QuickBooks File Doctor page, scroll the drop-down and choose your company file.
- If your company file is not visible, click Browse and search to find it.
- Select to mark the Check your file option and click Continue.
- When asked, enter the login details and click Next.
- The tool will start scanning the company file to fix the damage.
If this troubleshooting method did not work, try the following way to resolve your error.
Solution 2. Download the latest release of your QuickBooks Desktop version
You may try to download the latest version of QuickBooks desktop by following the below steps.
- Close company files, exit QuickBooks and tap the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Locate and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop, then choose Run as administrator.
- Once selecting the Run as administrator option, you will be directed to the No Company Open screen.
- From there, select the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options menu, click Mark All and then Save.
- Click the Update Now menu and checkmark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click Get Updates to download the update file and then open QuickBooks to install it.
- After installing, restart your workstation.
If the above-discussed fixes fail to resolve the error, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again and run QB Database Server Manager.
We understand how important it is to resolve the ‘QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file’ error as early as possible. If you are unable to fix it on your own, call and consult with certified QuickBooks professionals.
Other Search Query :- Cannot open Company File, QuickBooks can’t access company file, QuickBooks not connecting to server