Malwarebytes doesn’t open after an update, so some users had difficulty opening the tool or accessing it. Malwarebytes won’t open for some users, or they will not uninstall it. The virus problem likely causes the executable to be unable to execute. Below are some possible solutions to this problem.
What should I do if MalwarebytesAnti-Malware doesn’t work?
- Install Malwarebytes Antimalware
- Type Control in the Windows Search Bar, then open Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Navigate to download the latest Malware bytes Antimalware.
The solution to the problem should be a clean reinstallation. malwarebytes not opening on windows 10 After Malwarebytes Antimalware has been successfully removed from your computer, you can download and install the most recent version.
Keep your credentials safe so that you can activate them immediately.
This solution must work. You need to trust the source you are downloading the program from. This job is best done on the manufacturer’s official website.
You can also try Malwarebytes features in another antivirus software. First, you need to document and then choose the best anti-virus software for Windows 10.
- Run Malwarebytes Chameleon
- Scroll down until you see Malwarebytes Antimalware.
- Expand the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Select Tools, then choose Malwarebytes Antimalware Chameleon.
- To continue, press Enter.
- This will open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware suite and update it automatically.
- After scanning for malware, restart your computer.
Malwarebytes Chameleon is a safe option for those situations when Malwarebytes cannot be started. This utility can be used to start Malwarebytes if the other methods fail.
Malwarebytes may not be able to connect the service. This tool will work its magic. Once Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has started, run an in-depth scan. This will usually only be necessary once.
Malwarebytes will remove all threats and everything should return to normal.
- As an administrator, run Malwarebytes
- Navigate to C:/ProgramFiles/MalwarebytesAnti-Malware
- Right-click the mbam.exe to open the contextual menu and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to check the Run this application as an administrator and make any necessary changes.
This is not a feasible solution as most users already have an administrative account.
If that is not the case, it’s a good idea to grant administrative permission.
- You can run Malwarebytes in Safe Mode
- When the Windows logo appears during startup, press and hold down the Power button until your computer shuts off.
- Turn on your computer and go through the process three more times.
- When you restart your computer for the fourth time, the Advanced Recovery Menu should appear.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced Options then Startup Setting.
- Click To Restart.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Start Malwarebytes to scan for malware.
- After that, restart your computer and verify whether Malwarebytes has started.
You probably know that Malwarebytes is designed to only run once. The tool will then remove all threats that are preventing it from working.
Another way to accomplish this is to use Safe Mode with Networking to reboot your system. This will greatly limit the use of malicious software, and you should be able to start Malwarebytes with no major issues.
- Change the name of mbam.exe into explorer.exe
- Navigate to C:/ProgramFiles:/MalwarebytesAnti-Malware
- Right-click the executable and select Rename in the contextual menu.
- Change the mbam.exe name to Explorer.exe, and then run it.
Some users were able to get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Suite to start by renaming an executable file. It may be stopped by malicious activity.
To rename the file, you will need administrative permission. After Malwarebytes has been started, scan the file and change its default name. It should now work.
Another antivirus is recommend
Malwarebytes may not be opening Malwarebytes because the operating system has been infected by viruses or malware. This issue can be solved by third-party software. It is easy to use and lightweight software that can be used by both everyday users and gamers to protect their computers. It works on all Windows, Mac, or Linux computers.
You can watch your favorite movies and play the latest games, or create stunning presentations for work or school. This software won’t take up much of your computer’s resources once it has started scanning and repairing your system. Third-party software can scan for and remove viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, and other malware. The software also has a battery-saving feature that allows you to stay online and unplug for longer periods.
The software is easy to use and has an intuitive interface. You can install, renew, or upgrade it. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware opens automatically after it has cleared your computer from any malicious files. This concludes this article. We welcome any suggestions or questions.