Operating QuickBooks is an easy task as the program comes in with a highly user-friendly interface. Despite using the most well-structured feature, QB encounters specific errors that may deplete the user experience. For example, QuickBooks Error 6010 is an issue that arises when the user tries to access the application right after installation or after a reinstallation. The error is also supported by a corresponding text saying, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database.” Even after performing all of the tricks available on the internet, you are unable to delete the error, have a quick read below to give one last try.
If you do not wish to go through the below blog, you may get in touch with our pro-advisors at +1-855-856-0042 to receive helpful tricks to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6010.
Table of Contents
What is the Reason behind QuickBooks Error 6010, 100?
The primary cause that leads to QuickBooks Error Message 610 is if the anti-virus program installed on your computer is not configured in a way that supports QuickBooks tasks. The anti-virus must be well set up to allow QB to work interrupted. A damaged company data file may also contribute to the occurrence of this error.
Effective measures to resolve QuickBooks Error H303
How to Quickly Eliminate QuickBooks Install Error 6010?
Read the below section to eliminate Error 6010 in QuickBooks without further hassles independently. We will be working on the AVG Anti-virus software –
Step 1 – Stop the Scanning Process for QuickBooks
1. Exit from QuickBooks Desktop and access AVG Anti-virus User Interface on your device.
2. Locate the Resident Shield option and double-click on it.
3. Tap on Manage Exceptions and then hit the Add Path button to include this path in the section – C:\Program Files\Intuit.
4. Press the OK button and hit Save Changes.
Step 2 – Remove the QuickBooks Files from the Quarantined or Blocked Lists
1. In the AVG Anti-virus User Interface screen, hit the History tab.
2. Select the Virus Vault option and then look for the files that the program has blocked. These will include the following – qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgr.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe.
3. Choose the required files and tap on the Restore button.
4. After this, click on Close and access QuickBooks to see if the error has gone.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Backup Failed
Step 3 – Revert the Renamed Files for QuickBooks Directory
1. Terminate the QB window and open the Windows Start menu.
2. Paste this location – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and press the Enter key.
3. Here, you need to search for the renamed files carefully. The extensions of the files will be different than usual.
4. A renamed file will reflect QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED or QBDBMGRN_AVG_OLD.
5. You must right-click on each of these files, select Rename and change them back to the original names like – QBDBMGRN_AVG.
6. Finally, close the window and reopen the QB Desktop.
It is time to conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 6010. After going through the information mentioned above, we hope that you were to grasp all of it and apply it effectively to erase the error once and for all. For additional technical assistance for QB, connect with our professional crew at +1-855-856-0042.
You may also read: QuickBooks Display Issues