QuickBooks is an accounting software designed by Intuit to provide reliable and efficient Bookkeeping to its users. The software handles all the financial processes like- transactions, invoices, payroll, etc. The user can also share their data with any other person using emails, or in case the documents are required as PDF, the user can use the PDF converter in QuickBooks and print the documents using a printer. This makes data sharing convenient for the user. But some issues can affect the procedure, and the QuickBooks will cast an error message,” Printer Not Activated Error code 20”. If you faced the same error in your QuickBooks, continue reading the blog and acknowledge why it happens and the different ways it can be resolved.
Contact professionals at 1.855.738.2784 for any QuickBooks-related queries.
About the issue
This issue mainly occurs while printing, converting, or sharing documents in QuickBooks. The main reason can be your upgraded windows version. HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG is a key in the windows registry that stores the system’s hardware configuration during start-up. It is possible that the new version of your Windows doesn’t require this key in the windows registry, and the other factor may be that the key data was not updated, and it now has discrepancies with the windows registry.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1603
Some of the reasons this error troubled you in your QuickBooks are-
- The PDF converter in QuickBooks is facing some issues.
- The drivers of your printer are damaged or missing from your windows.
- The QuickBooks version is outdated and has compatibility issues with the windows, or it has developed some issues due to a damaged installation.
You can use the following methods to solve this error from your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Rename the QBPrint.qbp file
This file is located in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (xx denotes the version). Go to the location and follow the steps below-
- Find the QBPrint.qbp file, right-click on it and select Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file name.
- Open QuickBooks after saving the file.
- Click on File and select Printer setup.
- In the Form Name list, choose any desired transaction and click Ok.
- Try to print the transaction you faced the issue with.
Try the next solution if the error is still present in your QuickBooks.
Solution 2- Run the PDF and Print repair tool from the QuickBooks Tool hub.
Use this method to fix any issues with your PDF converter, and while printing, make sure you use the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Program Problems.
- Select the PDF & Print repair tool from the options.
- After the process is finished, reopen QuickBooks and try to print anything.
If you are still facing any issues, try the next solution.
Solution 3- Check if your printer is working and remove the queued Documents in the printer
Try to print anything other than QuickBooks documents from your printer. If it is unable to print the document, follow the steps below-
- Open the Control Panel on your computer and go to Devices and Printer settings.
- If the printer is marked as offline, Right-click on it and select Use Printer Online.
- Open your printer settings; if you see any queued documents for printing, click on Printer and select Cancel all documents.
- Close the window.
- Right-click on the printer, select Properties, and then Print test page.
- If the page is printed successfully, reopen QuickBooks.
The error will be resolved from your QuickBooks after using these solutions.
This marks the end of this blog; we described the steps you need to take when you encounter Printer Not Activated Error code 20 in your QuickBooks. We hope the methods were easy to execute and helped you remove this issue from your QuickBooks.
If you need a QB expert to handle the issue, they’re available at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost